Terms and conditions
- The Client appoints Vertical Village Life for the duration of the project.
- Vertical Village Life will undertake with reasonable care the services agreed for the project. The fee and timing for the project will be agreed at the outset of each project.
- Vertical Village Life will comply with the terms of the leases of the property and the Service Charge Residential Management Code of the RICS where appropriate.
- Vertical Village Life will comply with relevant landlord and tenant legislation relating to the management of the Property.
- Vertical Village Life holds professional indemnity insurance. On request, Vertical Village Life will give the Client a copy of the certificate of insurance.
- Vertical Village will comply with health, safety and employment laws and regulations relating to the management of the Property.
- The Client agrees not to issue any instructions to Vertical Village Life that require it to breach the leases of the Property, legislation, the recognised Codes of Practice or any regulations relating to the management of the Property.
- The Client is not mandated to arrange and hold directors’ and officers’ liability insurance for the Term but is advised to do so. On request, the Client will give Vertical Village Life a copy of any such insurance certificate.
- When verbal instructions outside the original agreement are given by the Client to Vertical Village Life, these must be confirmed in writing by post or email within 7 days.
- Where Vertical Village Life is instructed to arrange insurances on behalf of the Client, the Client must give Vertical Village Life all relevant information relating to the Client, building and insurance history, including full details of any major insurance claims made by the Client and in particular any claims in respect of subsidence, landslip or heave. Vertical Village Life will rely on the supplied information as the basis upon which to obtain insurance terms and will not be liable in the event of any loss caused by failure of the Client to provide information in this regard.
- Fees are generally agreed for the specified project. An outline of other fees and charges payable are available upon request.
- Vertical Village Life will comply with statutory rules for banking and holding any Client funds in a clearly designated client bank account. Any such client funds must be held in trust.
- The Client indemnifies Vertical Village Life against all costs, expenses and liabilities including legal costs incurred in properly performing the Services under this agreement.
- Vertical Village Life shall not be liable for any loss, injury, damage or legal or other expenses sustained as a result of:
- Vertical Village Life having reasonably relied upon the Client to provide all relevant information;
- any inaccurate forecast by the Manager of future income or expenditure unless done so negligently;
- any defect in the Property, or plant and machinery, equipment or materials used for the property, whether or not such defect is evident upon examination;
- the act, omission or insolvency of any person other than Vertical Village Life.
- The Client shall indemnify Vertical Village Life in respect of any claims made by another or third party for any loss, damage or legal and other expenses incurred as a result of any one or more of those circumstances listed in 14 above.
- In no circumstances shall Vertical Village Life be liable for any consequential loss or damage save where loss, death or injury results from negligence on the part of Vertical Village Life.
- Vertical Village Life confirms its registration under (and compliance with) the Data Protection Act and confirms it will only hold and retain information for the purpose of fulfilling this Agreement.
- This agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
If you have a complaint, then this note sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with that complaint.
We have an appointed person to deal with complaints, and you should not hesitate to contact her. This is Shirley Faultless (tel 020 8399 0170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
- Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
- Within twenty one days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you, in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
- If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you should contact the ombudsman who will conduct a separate, impartial review of your complaint and contact you to inform you of the conclusion of this review.